Victoria BC CrossFit Gym Reopen
We are SO excited and relieved to be able to Reopen our doors back to you, our community.
Just the notion of reopening has been a hopeful possibility that we have been working towards since shutdown. Since we did not qualify for any government help, this possibility has become a reality because of you. We are eternally grateful and know that this new post-covid era of LoLo will be the most resilient, joyful and strongest yet!
We know you are excited to know the details about when you are able to come back to the gym and what that will look like. Here are the 5 things you need to know:
1. Classes will resume June.1st!
- We will start with three classes per weekday at 6:30am, 12:00pm and 5:00pm. Weekend classes will be 9:00am and 11:00am. For the time being, these will all be CrossFit classes that are infinitely scalable to all skill levels.
- For the time being, there will be a 7 person cap per class in addition to 3 personal training clients in the gym at one time.
- You can only reserve a class 48 hours out and you will be limited to 3 times per week to make sure everyone has access.
- If you are unable to make your reserved class, you must cancel before two hours prior to class so that someone on the waitlist will have 2 hours notice. If you no-show twice, you will lose your access to reserve classes.
For 6:30am class reservations, you will need to cancel no later than 8:00pm the evening prior.
2. We will still have virtual classes running until June. 30th!
- The virtual classes will happen at the same time as the live in-gym classes and the virtual programming will continue to be modified for home workouts.
- We will have a volunteer coach assisting in coaching the virtual class so those at home feel taken care of.
3. Equipment rentals will need to be returned the last weekend of May.
- In order to run our classes again, we need the rental equipment returned on May.30th and 31st. This is crucial so that we have time to sanitize all returning equipment. We will be contacting you directly to arrange a return time and if needed, we will pick up.
- If you have placed your membership on hold, you will notice you will not be able to reserve classes. Please contact us to reactivate your membership.
- If you are a Not-So-Solo member, you will only be able to attend the virtual classes. Please contact us to upgrade your membership to access in-gym classes.
- If you are a LoLo Strong member, you will be able to reserve classes and your membership will continue as usual. We also have a t-shirt waiting to welcome you upon your arrival back in the gym :).
5. Please review our overall COVID protocol below:
- By entering your gym, you are verifying that you do not have a cough, fever or other reason to suspect you may be infected with COVID-19.
- Please reserve your class workout
We are currently restricting the number of people in the gym at one time. Reserved spots will be honoured before walk-ins.
- Please minimize crowding. This includes when entering and exiting the gym.
Please use the turf lane under the rig to access back of the gym. Please exit through fire exit hallway.
- Cubbies will not be available for the time being. Please store your belongings in your car or within your taped workout area. Please take any of your leftover belongings home.
- Please wash/sanitize your hands before and after training. Continue to wipe down your equipment before and after use including rig surfaces if applicable.
- Please practice distanced socializing in the outdoor lounge. In addition, no one (including children) is allowed to hang out inside the gym outside of workouts.
- If desired, bring your own towel to wipe sweat off yourself/floor during WOD.
- Clean gym shoes only, no street shoes.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM LOLO:
- Taping off designated areas to maintain the recommended distance between people during workouts.
- Discontinuing the use of the public water fountain, showers, coffee bar and communal chalk.
we will supply you with a small amount of chalk in a ziploc bag for your personal use.
- Eliminating partner WODS
only one person will be allowed to use equipment at a time.
- Elevated gym cleaning procedures and frequency including pre and post class disinfecting of gym including equipment and high traffic areas such as door knobs/countertops.
- We will follow all applicable federal, provincial and local guidelines. Click HERE to see what is being officially recommended by Island Health.
- Requiring all coaches to maintain regular hand washing and require them to stay home if they feel unwell.
Final thoughts from us to you…
As much as we are excited to have you us all back in the gym, we know that the limitations of phase one right now kind of suck. We wish we could offer more at this time and we need to stand by our values of loving on people and lifting up the community. At this time, what that looks like is taking the safety of our staff and community very seriously. This will evolve in phases until eventually we are back to full operations.
Serving you all makes our hearts sing, it just might look a little different for the time being while we navigate this unprecedented territory.
Thank you so much for your understanding, we value your voice and there will be an upcoming survey to welcome your input.